Price: the cost of the course consisting of 3 lessons is 350 €
Price: the cost of the course consisting of 2 lessons is 250 €
Slip casting techniques to make bowls: paper clay, color and translucency
Casting porcelain is an alternative technique to hand building and throwing. It makes it easy to create shapes with very thin and uniform thicknesses. The slip is poured into plaster moulds; the rapid drying process makes it ideal for serial production. The addition of cellulose fibers in the porcelain allows to cut, fold and change the shapes slip casted as they were pieces of cardboard. You can get so thin walls that you can see light through them. The addition of stains in the slip allows to create colorful and marble-like surfaces. The plaster mould of a bowl can be made in a simple, fast and clean way, starting from a bowl made of any kind of material.
- How to prepare slip casting porcelain
- How to prepare stained casting porcelain
- How to prepare slip casting paper clay
- How to get a plaster mould of a bowl
- How to the make a porcelain firing support of a bowl
- How to make a mould of a porcelain firing support of a bowl
- Slip casting techniques
- How to change the shape of a paper clay piece
- Bisque firing
- Sanding of a bisque piece
- High firing
- Glazing of a bisque and high fired bowl
Budget for tools and materials you will need to get started: 150 € approx.
Level: for all.