Price: the cost of the course consisting of 3 lessons is 350 €
Electroforming is a galvanic technique. This process uses electricity to coat other metals with copper, or any other material if previously treated with a conductive painting. Electroforming allows to coat any material with copper and to create new shapes and textures, for this reason many jewellery designers are increasingly interested in this technique. The necessary equipment is the same as that used for plating; what changes is the type of anode and galvanic bath used. Contrary to the few minutes needed to make a plating, electroforming takes several hours.
- How to seal and waterproof porous materials
- How to prepare the conductive painting
- Creation of rings with brass wire and stones
- Electroforming in silicone moulds
- How to make a silicone mould for electroforming
- How to use the power supply
- The cathode and anode
- The bright copper electrolyte bath
- How to conduct the electroforming
- How to finish the electroformed pieces
- Maintenance and cleaning of the electrolytic bath and equipment
Budget for tools and materials you will need to get started: 200 € approx.
Level: for all.